WBJEE 2020 Result is looked forward to be declared at wbjeeb.nic.in in May, soon after lockdown ends. The exam was held on 2nd Feb, and answer key was released on 17th Feb. WBJEEB had not mentioned any date for result of WBJEE 2020 exam either in the brochure, or website. However, as the board always announces WBJEE results around one month after exam, therefore the WBJEE 2020 rank card was expected in March-April and as per that, the WBJEE 2020 result is delayed. As per news reports, WBJEEB could declare the result soon after WBCHSE announces West Bengal HS result 2020.
WBJEE 2020 Result: Date
The final decision on date of declaration of WBJEE 2020 result will be that of the board. It will depend on end of lockdown, WB HS result, and other factors.
|WBJEE 2020 result||Important Dates|
|WBJEE 2020 exam date||02 Feb 2020|
|Announcement of result||expected in May after lockdown|
|WBJEE 2020 counselling||expected in June|
WBJEEB announces the result for WBJEE 2020, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) in the form of rank card. In order to check result, download rank card, candidates need to login with application number and password. The schedule is as follows.
Direct Link to Check WBJEE Result 2020
Check Result / Download Rank Card Here: Candidates can check WBJEE 2020 result as per the schedule given above at wbjee.nic.in.
- The WBJEE rank card consists of score and PMR / GMR ranks.
- All the test-takers are issued the rank card, however, ranks are allotted only to qualified candidates.
- Separate rank lists as pdf files are not published. The candidates who get a rank are only allowed to appear for the counselling.
Check more information about WBJEE 2020 result such as the cut-off scores, process to download the rank card, tie-breaking criteria etc.
How to Check WBJEE 2020 Result and Download Rank Card?
Candidates can download WBJEE 2020 rank card by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Click on the link given above.
Step 2: Then, enter the application number and password in the login window as received after the completion of registration.
Step 3: Next, submit the details by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 4: After submitting the details, download the rank card that appears on your screen.
Step 5: Finally, take the printout of the rank card so that it can be used for future references.
Calculation of Marks
Result for WBJEE is compiled according to the marking scheme set by the Board as per the different categories. Check the marking scheme given below for WBJEE 2020.
|Category||Marks for the correct answers||Marks deducted for incorrect answers|
|III||+2 for completely correct|
+2 x (no. of correct options selected / total no. of correct options) for partially correct answer
|no negative marking|
GMR and PMR Merit Ranks in WBJEE 2020 Exam
Based on the scores, two merit ranks are released namely; General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR).
General Merit Rank:
- The list for GMR is prepared according to the scores in Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry).
- The ranking according to GMR is done descending order of the total marks secures in WBJEE 2020.
- Through this rank, the admission in done in the Engineering / Technology / Architecture courses.
Pharmacy Merit Rank:
- Pharmacy Merit Rank is prepared according the scores of Paper 2 i.e. Physics and Chemistry.
- The rank is done in the descending order the marks secured in WBJEE.
- From this rank, the candidates can take admission in Pharmacy course.
Important Information: Admission in all the engineering / technology / architecture courses in Jadavpur university is made according to GMR only. However, admission in Pharmacy course is done in all the colleges except Jadavpur University.
Tie-Breaking Criteria in WBJEE Exam
If two or more candidates obtain same number of marks in the exam, then, the tie-breaking criteria will be applied according to PMR and GMR merit ranks. Check the criteria given below.
For General Merit Rank
- Firstly, less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry will be considered.
- Then, higher marks in Mathematics and Physics will be taken.
- If the tie is still there, then, the positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry will be taken.
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics will be considered.
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still persists then, positive marks for the 2 marks questions in Mathematics will be considered.
- Then, positive marks for the 2 marks questions in Physics will be considered.
- Then, positive marks for the 2 marks questions in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie is still there, then, less negative marks in Mathematics for only 2 marker questions are considered.
- Lastly, less negative marks in Physics for only 2 marker questions are considered.
For Pharmacy Merit Rank
- Firstly, less negative marks in Physics and Chemistry are taken together.
- Then, more positive marks in Chemistry is taken.
- If the tie is still there, less negative marks in Chemistry is considered.
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only 2 marker questions are taken.
- In case of tie, less negative marks in Chemistry for only 2 marker questions are taken.
- More positive marks in Physics for only 2 marker questions are taken.
- Lastly, less negative marks in Physics for only 2 marker questions are considered.
To sum up, if the tie still persists even after the tie-breaking criteria given above, then, the candidate who is older is given preference.
How To Check Result if Forgot WBJEE 2020 Login Credentials?
In order to check WBJEE 2020 result, the candidates need the application number and password. However, if the candidates have lost their credentials, they can follow the steps given below to get them back.
For Application Number
- Go to the official website, wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Next, go to the login window and click on ‘Find Application Number’
- Then, enter the details like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth and security pin in the login window.
- After entering the details, click on ‘find application number’.
- Finally, write down the application number.
For Retrieving Password
- Go to the official website, wbjeeb.nic.in.
- After visiting the website, click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Select one of the available options as shown in the image below
- Lastly, write down the password somewhere safe so that it could be used for further references.
Details Mentioned on WBJEE 2020 Rank Card
The rank card of WBJEE 2020 comprises of the following given details.
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Component scores
- Roll number
- Total scores
- GMR / PMR merit rank
WBJEE 2020 Duplicate Rank Card
Candidates cannot download duplicate rank card after the counselling process, however, it must be noted that the candidates can get the duplicate rank card only till 60 days after the declaration of result. For getting the duplicate rank card, the candidates need to apply to the board and pay Rs 500 through demand draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board”.
WBJEE 2020 Cut Offs
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE) is an offline entrance examination conducted to offer admission in the disciplines Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Pharmacy. There are two papers in WBJEE; Paper 1 is Mathematics and Paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry. The exam comprises multiple-choice questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. After qualifying WBJEE, the candidates can take admission in Government and Self – Financed Colleges in West Bengal.
Mentioned in the brochure: The rank cards are issued to all the candidates who appeared WBJEE, however, all may not be awarded rank and thus, are not eligible for the counselling. For this purpose, cut off score / rank is decided by the Board.
So, the board releases opening and closing ranks of different participating institutes. The opening ranks are the highest ranks from where the admission starts and closing ranks are the ones where admission ends.
Click Here to check previous year opening and closing ranks.
The participating institutes releases opening and closing ranks for its courses. So, the qualified candidates need to match with these ranks in order to take admission. Check previous year cut-off given below.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, the candidates are required to appear for the counselling. The schedule for WBJEE counselling releases at wbjee.nic.in or wbjeeb.in. The counselling is done according to the GMR / PMR ranks of the candidates. WBJEE counselling includes:
- Registration and Choice Filling: This is the first step to do online counselling. The candidates have to register at the official website, wbjee.nic.in and give the preferences of the colleges in which they have to take admission.
- Locking of choices: The candidates have to lock the choices by submitting the registration counselling fee. Make sure you check the choice carefully when you finalize as further modification cannot happen.
- Seat Allotment Letter: After the locking of seats, result for seat allotment is displayed on the website. The candidates can download the provisional admission letter from the official website itself.
- Reporting at the reporting centres: The candidates have to report at the reporting centres in person and get the documents verified and then select further options of upgradation.
- Physical Counselling at the Allotted Colleges: Lastly, candidates have to appear at the allotted colleges and submit the admission letter.
Documents required to appear for counselling
At the time of reporting at the test centres, the candidates need to carry the following given documents:
- WBJEE 2020 rank card
- WBJEE 2020 admit card
- Some passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Seat allotment letter
- Class 12th marksheet
- Class 10th marksheet
- Receipt of online counselling payment
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- JEE Main 2020 scorecard (if appeared)
- Yes upgradation or no upgradation certificate
Reservation in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
Check the reservation criteria given below for WBJEE 2020. There are different universities and institutes that offer admission to WBJEE qualified candidates.
|Institutes / Universities||Percentage of seat availability|
|Jadavpur University||90% to the General candidates|
|Govt. Engineering collges||100%|
|Private self-financing engineering|
|90% (Remaining 10% to JEE Main 2020 qualified|
|Private self-financing Engineering|
& Technology Colleges – Minority
|50% of seats open to all categories|
Participating Institutes of WBJEE 2020
A total of 112 colleges will accept the scores of WBJEE exam 2020 for UG engineering and technology, and UG pharmacy admissions. The complete list is here. Candidates can also check the list at the time of counselling. There are 10 govt colleges, 83 private self financing colleges, 8 private universities, and 11 state aided universities / university departments.
The government engineering colleges of WBJEE are:
- Government Engineering and Technology Colleges
- Cooch Behar Government Engineering College
- Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology
- Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore
- Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore
- Govt. College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology
- Institute of Pharmacy, Jalpaiguri
- Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
- Kalyani Government Engineering College,
- Ramkrishna Mahato Government Engineering College, Purulia
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is a state government authority which is responsible to conduct engineering and other entrance examinations in the state. The examinations that are conducted by the Board are WBJEE, PUBDET, PUMDET, JENPAUH, JEHOM etc. The Board was founded in the year 1962 by the Government of Bengal. The board is responsible for conducting common, competitive entrance examinations for undergraduate as well as vocational courses. The Board has been awarded as the status of Statutory body.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I download WBJEE 2020 Rank Card?
You can download WBJEE 2020 rank card by entering the application number and password.
Can I check sectional marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2 in WBJEE 2020 result?
Yes, the rank card consists of the component scores as well as total scores.
What are GMR and PMR ranks?
GMR stands for General Merit Rank and it is made according to the marks in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. PMR stands for Pharmacy Merit Rank and is computed according the marks in Paper 2 only.
What after downloading the rank card for WBJEE 2020?
After downloading the rank card, the candidates need to complete the online process for counselling and appear for it.
What are the details needed to check WBJEE 2020 Result?
The candidates can check WBJEE 2020 result by entering the application number and password.