VITEEE 2020 exam date is postponed. Slot booking is also delayed. However the good news is that the last date to apply for the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam is extended. Candidates who wish to appear in VITEEE 2020 exam can submit their applications now. VIT University was supposed to start slot booking in the last week of March, and hold the exam from 13th to 19th April. However due to the coronavirus outbreak and the lockdown, all the dates are temporarily on hold.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Date
Official notice on exam date postponed: The latest notice in announcement section of vit.ac.in says ‘The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation is being monitored closely. Any change in slot booking & VITEEE-2020 schedule will be posted in Website and informed individually through SMS/ email. Due to transport restrictions, telephone support is suspended for UG applicants. Only email support through [email protected] is provided‘. Which does not indicate any change in schedule. However, all the dates previously given in the schedule have been removed. Indicating that the exam is postponed.
When will VIT University announce the new exam date? More than 50 exams in India have been postponed due to the coronavirus. The lock down is until 15th April. While VIT University has not announced when it will publish the new exam date, there are two possibilities:
- VIT will announce the new exam date after the lockdown, ie just after 15th April.
- The university will announce the new schedule after national level exams like CBSE board exams, JEE Main 2020 are decided, so that exam dates do not clash.
All dates related to VITEEE 2020 are currently as follows.
|VITEEE 2020||Important Dates|
|Information brochure releases||27 Sep 2019|
|Online Application Process||27 Sep 2019|
|Sale of offline application form||8 Nov 2019|
|Last date to edit and submit the application form|
|Slot Booking starts|
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|VITEEE 2020 exam date|
|Declaration of Result|
|Commencement of classes|
Latest updates on Engineering Entrance Exams ??
VITEEE 2020 Application Form
The application form for VITEEE 2020 is available in online and offline mode. The candidates get online application form from vit.ac.in, whereas, offline / OMR form is available at the campuses of VIT and designated head post offices in Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal.
How to fill online application form of VITEEE?
- Go to the Website: Either click on the direct link to apply for VITEEE 2020 here, or go to vit.ac.in.
- Register for VITEEE 2020: “Click on “New User Register Here”, and enter name, date of birth, gender, nationality, mobile number, e-mail Id, confirm E-mail Id, verification code.
- Fill Details in VITEEE Application Form: After registering, the candidates will receive OTP and with the help of it candidates can login and fill rest of the details in the application form. Including personal details, address, parent information, education details, qualifying exam.
- Make Payment and Uploads Images: After entering all the details, candidates have to pay amount of application fee and upload images.
How to get offline (OMR) application form?
The OMR application form of VITEEE 2020 are available at
- University campuses; i.e. at VIT Vellore Campus, VIT Chennai Campus, VIT-AP, and VIT-Bhopal (MP)
- At the post offices in Anna Nagar (Chennai), Anna Road (Chennai), Chittoor, Coimbatore, Erode, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kurnool, RS Puram, Salem, Tiruchirapalli, Tirupati, Vellore, Vijayawada, Vishakapatanam.
In order to pay the application fee for VITEEE 2020 registration, one can opt for any of the following modes (all online): net baking, debit card, credit card, and paytm.
Fee amount is as follows:
|Web application||Rs. 1150|
|Mobile application||Rs 1050|
|Print application||Rs. 1250|
VITEEE Slot Booking 2020 Also Postponed
Most candidates who want to appear in the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2020 had kept in mind the March-end timeline in mind to do slot booking. However now the schedule has been affected and the wait for VITEEE 2020 slot booking to open will be longer. As soon as a new exam date is decided, the dates for slot booking will also be updated. Nevertheless, candidates must not panic. The facility will definitely open for all who apply until the extended deadline. All candidates who register for the exam must book their test slot in order to reserve their exam date and time.
What is slot booking? Since the exam is held over multiple days and slots, VIT offers the candidates an opportunity to book their most suitable date, time and center to appear for the exam. This process is called the VITEEE slot booking.
About VIT OTBS: VIT OTBS is short for VIT Online Test Booking System (OTBS). This is the portal for slot booking for VITEEE 2020. Here, registered candidates need to log in with application number and password in order to book test slots.
How to do VITEEE slot booking?
- First check your email for VIT OTBS 2020 password.
- Go to vit.ac.in and navigate to the VIT OTBS (available only when slot booking is ongoing).
- Use application number, and password to login.
- Select test slot.
You can choose city, subject, exam date, session of test, and center during slot booking.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check below the eligibility before they proceed to apply for the entrance exam.
|Age Limit||Date of birth on or after 01 July 1998|
|Nationality||Indian, NRI, Foreign|
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 from CBSE, ICSE, State Boards. Or|
NIOS students with migration cum transfer certificate. Or
Intermediate or 2-year PUE exam. Or
HSCE of the Cambridge University. Or
International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. Or
GCE examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
|Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam||60% in PCM/B|
(50% for SC, ST, JnK, North Eastern States Students)
VIT Engineering Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode: Computer Based Test
Duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
Questions distribution / examination scheme:
|Part||Subject||Number of Qestions||Marks|
|I||Maths / Biology||40||40|
Marking scheme: +1 for correct answer, no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Question Paper Selection: Depending upon whether you choose Maths or Bio in part I, you will be eligible for specific courses at VIT. Here is the criteria.
|You Opt For||Courses Eligible For|
|Maths||All B.Tech Programs|
|Biology||Bio Stream Programs namely |
B.Tech Bio engineering at VIT Bhopal,
B.Tech Biotechnology at VIT Vellore,
B.Tech CSE with specialisation in Bioinformatics at VIT Vellore,
B.Tech. ECE with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering at VIT Vellore
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of VITEEE 2020 is based on the syllabus of class 11 and 12. The candidates have to prepare as per the syllabus only as no questions are asked apart from the topics in the syllabus. The candidates can check the syllabus for VITEEE 2020 from the list below:
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Nuclear Physics
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Current Electricity
- Atomic Structure
- p,d and f Block Elements
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Matrices and their Applications
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Integral Calculus and its Application
- Discrete Mathematics
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Human health and diseases
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment
- Genetics and evolution
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Questions based on reading comprehension
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series, Coding and Decoding
- Clocks, Calendars and Directions
VITEEE 2020 Result
To know the dates for VIT 2020 result, check the exam dates section.
Process of result compilation: VIT calculates your score on the basis of the number of correct answers.
>> Score = Number of correct answers x 1 (there is no negative marking)
And then, implements the equating methodology to equate scores and eliminate differences in exam hardness level across different slots.
What is equating methodology?
VIT conducts VITEEE in multiple slots. Hence, to ensure that the difficulty in all the sets is the same and a fair determination of merit list and rank, the University uses an equating method. It is a statistical process which adjusts scores on test forms. It basically, makes in approximately equivalent. Due to it, the scores on forms are interchangeable. So, the VIT University uses the Equipercentile Equating method to find the rank, in such a manner that the scores on different forms, but with the same percentile rank, are equivalent.
For example: A percentile rank of 90 means that 90% of test takers are below that candidate. Also, only 10% of the test takes have performed better.
What is revealed in the VIT 2020 result?
- Rank >> Scores are not disclosed.
Is there any qualifying cut off marks?
No. There is no cut off score to make it to the merit list. However there is a cut off rank beyond which (1) candidates are not called for counselling (2) do not get admission. This can vary year on year depending upon the level of competition.
VITEEE 2020 Counselling
The shortlisting of the candidates for VIT 2020 counselling is done on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE. After the declaration of the result, the Institute also publishes a counselling schedule at its website and the eligible candidates need to appear in the VITEEE counselling rounds to complete the admission process.
A common selection and Admission procedure is followed through single window counselling for all the B.Tech programs offered in all the campuses of VIT University. Eligible candidates can select specific campus and course during the counselling.
VITEEE 2020 Cut Off
VIT never releases or discloses the VITEEE cutoff marks or the opening and closing ranks. However, from past analysis it has been observed that in VIT counselling after the result, the candidates in following rank range are called:
|Counselling Rounds||VITEEE Rank Cut Off|
|Round 1||1 – 2000|
|Round 2||2001 – 99999|
About VIT University
Campuses: VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP, VIT- Bhopal.
B.Tech Courses Offered at VIT University through VITEEE 2020
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bio engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics / Information Security / Business systems(in collaboration with TCS) / Data Science / Internet of Things / Data Analytics / Networking & Security / AI and Machine Learning / Cyber Physical Systems / Artificial Intelligence / Gaming Technology / Cyber security & Digital Forensics / Block Chain Technology / Artificial Intelligence and Robotics / Robotics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering with specialization in Biomedical Engineering / Embedded Systems / VLSI
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Fashion Technology
- Information Technology
- Mechanical with specialisation in Automotive Engineering / Gamification
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Automation
- Production and Industrial Engineering
Scholarships at VIT University: The top rankers of VITEEE 2020 are offered the below given scholarship facility as per their ranks in the exam:
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for|
all the four years
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for|
all the four years
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for|
all the four years
VIT University Rankings in India and the World
|Rank||Ranking List||Ranking Survey|
|18||Top engineering institutions in India 2019 – Engineering category||MHRD NIRF Rankings|
|19||Top universities in India 2019 – University rankings||-do-|
|32||Top universities in India 2019 – Overall rankings||-do-|
|46||Top management institutions in India 2019 – Management category||-do-|
|1||Top private institutions for innovation 2019 – Private university category||MHRD ARIIA|
|201-250||Top Young University Ranking 2018||Times Higher Education|
|251-300||Top BRICS and Emerging Economy University Ranking 2018||-do-|
|251-300||Top University (Asia) 2018||-do-|
|801-1000||Top University (World) 2018||-do-|
|801-1000||Top University (World) 2018||QS University Rankings|
|201-250||Top University (BRICS) 2018||-do-|
|271-280||Top University (Asia) 2018||-do-|
|451-500||Top in Computer Science and Information Systems 2019||QS World University Subject Rankings|
|451-500||Top in Engineering – Electrical and Electronic 2019||-do-|
|501-550||Top in Chemistry 2019||-do-|
|3||Top Private Institutions of India – Engineering Category||India Today – AC Nielsen Survey|
|Information brochure for VITEEE 2020||Click here|
|Mathematics Syllabus||Click here|
|Physics Syllabus||Click here|
|Chemistry Syllabus||Click here|
|Biology Syllabus||Click here|
|English and Aptitude Syllabus||Click here|