NEET 2020 Result – National Testing Agency (NTA) releases NEET result 2020 on ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates can check it from candidates login, by entering application number and password. In the result of NEET 2020, mark secured in PCB, total marks, NEET AIR, cut off score, etc. are mentioned. After announcement of the result, counselling rank letters are issued to the qualified candidates. 100% UG medical seats are filled on the basis of NEET result. The admission in 15% All India Quota is done through MCC counselling, whereas, rest of the seats are filled in state counselling. Know how to check NEET 2020 result, details mentioned in it, how is percentile score and rank prepared, etc. details here.
Before declaration of result, NTA releases NEET 2020 answer key.
NEET 2020 Result
From this year onwards, NEET score is also considered for admission in BAMS, BHMS, BSMS, and BUMS courses as well. There are 536 colleges teaching MBBS in India. The number of seats in them are 79498. Candidates can have a look of complete schedule for NEET result 2020 from the table below.
|NEET exam date 2020|
|Declaration of NEET 2020 result|
Check Result: Candidates can check NEET 2020 result from the official website, which is ntaneet.nic.in as per schedule.
How to Check NEET 2020 Result?
There is no other medium to check NEET result 2020 but from the official login. The simple process to check the result of NEET 2020 is as follows. Candidates should not fear the NEET results.
- Click on the direct link which is given above for checking the NEET result 2020 as soon as it is available.
- A new window opens and it appears as follows:
- The candidates need to log in by entering their NEET 2020 Application Number and Password.
- Click on “Submit” button
- On completion of the above-given steps, check result and finally take its print out for future reference.<>
Candidates are advised to save a copy of result for future usage. It is important for the counseling and admission session. The NEET 2020 answer key is released before the declaration of result.
Details Given on the NEET Result 2020
The result for NEET 2020 consist of the following details. Some of the details are same as that of in the NEET 2020 Admit Card.
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Aadhaar Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Total Score
- Percentile Score
- NEET All India Rank
- Overall Rank
- Category Rank
- Cut off for NEET 2020
- Important instructions for the candidates
No Declaration of Results for Debarred Candidates
The NTA does not release NEET 2020 result of the following candidates:
- For those who used Unfair Means and Practices in examination.
- Likewise, those candidates who appeared at the test center other than the one allotted to them, write on the Test booklet/OMR Sheet of other candidates or allow other candidates to write on their Test Booklet/OMR Sheet.
How is NEET 2020 Result Calculated?
There are 2 phases in the calculation of NEET UG Result. First, the raw score is calculated as per the scheme of marking.
How is NEET Raw Score Calculated?
- Marks Allotted for Correct Answer : 4 Marks
- Marks Deducted for Wrong Answer : 1 Marks
- Unattempted Question : Zero
NEET 2020 Merit List
The MCC prepares an All India Merit List on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Only those candidates are included in merit list who score more than the minimum qualifying percentile.
- Merit list for Counselling under 15% All India Quota
- Merit List for Seats Other Than 15% All India Quota
The 15% All India merit list is prepared for candidates. The Board then forwards the merit list to DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats by Online Counselling to 15% All India Quota Seats.
Whereas, for admission under other than 15% All India Quota, i.e., State Medical Colleges/ Universities/ Institutions, the NTA provides only All India Rank. NTA gives the result to DGHS, to forward the same to the Admitting Authorities. The candidates then have to apply at the official website of the Admitting Authorities.
Tie Breaker Criteria to Get Correct NEET 2020 Result
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in NEET 2020, then their marks are determined as per the below given rules:
- The candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in the Test are placed higher in the merit.
- Next, The marks obtained by the candidate in Chemistry section is taken into account to break the tie.
- If the tie is still not resolved, then the candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test shall be ranked higher in the merit.
- Age, is taken into account, if there is still a tie. This means that candidates older in age are preferred over the younger candidate.
Re-evaluation of NEET 2020 Result
The result of NEET 2020 is not re-evaluated under any circumstances. The NEET answer sheet is checked through a computer based software. Also, NTA does provide candidates an opportunity to report errors in the OMR. If there is an error, then the required changes are made. Hence, there is no provision for NEET 2020 result re-checking.
NEET 2020 Counselling
After the announcement of result, the counselling begins. The candidates whose name is included in the merit list are eligible to appear for NEET 2020 Counselling. The counselling for candidates under 15% All India Quota seats is done by Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Whereas, the State Quota Counselling, is held by the concerned authorities. At the time of Counselling, the candidates need to report as per the schedule is given along with the relevant proof for Date of Birth, Academic Background, Category, etc.
To appear for the counselling under other than 15% All India Quota Seats, the candidates need to first apply for counselling at the concerned State Authorities official website. The respective authorities then prepare the merit list on the basis of All India Rank.
Top Colleges the Grant Admission on the basis of NEET 2020 Score
List of Medical Colleges according to the rank given by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
AIIMS and JIPMER admission on the basis of NEET 2020 Result
As per the official gazette / notification released by the Government of India, National Medical Commission bill scrapped JIPMER and AIIMS exams for MBBS. Admissions into medical institutions will only be conducted through NEET UG. About 15 lakh students sit for NEET UG very year.
Number of Seats in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER, Karaikal : 200 approx
Number of Seats in AIIMS Institutions : 584 approx
NEET Cut Off
The cut-off score for NEET 2020 is available on the scorecard. As soon as the result is announced, the same is updated on this page. NTA has listed the following qualification criteria for NEET UG candidates.
NEET UG Qualifying Criteria
- General-EWS : 50th percentile
- SC, ST, OBC : 40th percentile
- Unreserved Category & GEN-EWS with Benchmark Disabilities : 45th percentile
- SC/ST/OB with Benchmark Disabilities : 40th percentile
NEET 2019 Cut off
|Category||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Score||Number of Candidates|
Important Points to Note after Declaration of NEET 2020 Result
Candidates are advised to go through these points related to NEET 2020 result.
- Candidates are requested to note, that the result is released category-wise.
- He/she can download the result sheets from the official website only.
- Candidates are advised to check the official websites of NTA, MoH&FW, Medical Counselling Committee, AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee,MoA and other participating institutions until final round of counselling.
About NEET 2020
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test is a national level examination. CBSE first conducted the exam in 2013. Now, the conducting body for NEET is NTA. It holds the exam in offline mode, on the first Sunday of May.. It took various measures to ensure that there is no irregularity in the examination. Metal detectors, strict dress code, proper frisking, are done for all the candidates, before the exam.