JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus – Candidates who want to crack the JIPMER PG MD/MS/MDS examination with flying colors need to complete the given syllabus and topics thoroughly. The very first step in the same is knowing about the complete syllabus as set by the conducting authority of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical Postgraduate Institute for Education and Research, Puducherry. The syllabus of JIPMER PG 2020 MD/MS is divided into Clinical Sciences and Basic Clinical Sciences and for MDS it is divided into Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics and Dental Sciences. Scroll below to read about JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus.
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
There is no such defined syllabus for JIPMER PG but the prospectus at jipmer.edu.in does mention the topics that one can study for the examination. The candidate who want to appear in the same must start preparing for their entrance examination right in the mid of their MBBS. It is very important to focus on the practical concepts as well. Check below the number of questions under the 2 different subjects of JIPMER PG MD/MS syllabus.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100|
The below table comprises of no. of questions under 2 subjects for JIPMER PG 2020 MDS syllabus.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics||30|
JIPMER PG Syllabus 2020 PDF Download
Since there is no separate file for syllabus, candidates are recommended to download the JIPMER PG Information Brochure 2020 containing the syllabus.
JIPMER PG 2020 Important Topics for MD/MS
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2020 Important Topics for MDS
- Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics : Anatomy including embryology and histology/ General Human Physiology and Biochemistry /Dental Anatomy , Embryology and Oral Histology, General Pathology and Microbiology, General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics General Medicine, General Surgery/Biostatistics.
- Dental Science : Dental Materials/Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology, Oral Medicine and Radiology, Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Periodontology, Prosthodontics, Crown Bridge/Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Oral and Maxiliofacial Surgery/ Public Health Dentistry.
Watch this video on tips to crack JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Exam by Toppers by Ankit Suniyal vids (AS)
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The duration of JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 examination is 3 hours and it is conducted in online mode. Please note that all the 250 questions asked in the examination will be MCQ type and the candidate will have to select the right answer out of the 4 options given. Below given is the brief explanation of the examination pattern in which JIPMER PG is held. The JIPMER PG 2020 examination is conducted in the English language and comprises of 250 questions in all for MD/MS exam and 100 questions for the MDS exam
|Timing of JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 examination||10:00 am to 1:00 pm|
|Timing of JIPMER PG MDS examination||10:00 am to 11:30 am|
|Language of Paper||English|
|No. of Questions of JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020||250|
|No. of Questions of JIPMER MDS 2020||100|
|Mode of Examination||MCQ type | CBT|
|Qualifying Criteria||1 UR/INST/OCI/FN/Sponsored- 50|
2 UR-OPH – 45
3 SC/ST/OBC-OPH– 40
Allocation of Marks
- Correct answer : 4 marks allotted
- Incorrect answer : 1 marks deducted
- Unattempted question : Zero
JIPMER PG 2020 Important Books
Refer to the best books for the preparation of the JIPMER PG 2020 examination. The list of the some of them is also given down below.
- Smart Study Series: Pathology by Charanjeet Ahluwalia
- Review of Basic Subjects by Arvind Arora
- Self Assessment and Review of Obstetrics by Sakshi Arora Hans
Also watch this video on Journey From Rank 11,000 to Rank 7 | Dr Manav MS | JIPMER PG 2019 Topper by Dr. Bhatia Medical Coaching Institute, DBMCI
How to Prepare for JIPMER PG 2020 Examination?
Preparation for the JIPMER PG 2020 examination is tough one but all the sacrifices are worthwhile because the candidates get to study in such a prestigious institution. The most important part of the JIPMER PG 2020 examination is getting a clear view of the syllabus and then analysing it to make a study plan. Below given are some steps to score a good rank in the JIPMER PG 2020 examination.
- Candidates need to practice previous year question papers for JIPMER PG of atleast 10 year.
- He/she should focus on the MCQ’s and thus should practice MCQ Banks of different publishers.
- Revise chapter wise MCQ’s and give mock tests.
- Make concepts of Physics absolutely clear.
- Practice and Revise all the reactions in Chemistry subject entirely from NCERT.
About JIPMER PG 2020
Conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical Postgraduate Institute for Education and Research, Puducherry, the JIPMER PG 2020 examination is a entrance test which provides admissions to the eligible candidates in MD/MS /MDS post graduation courses on the basis of merit. The examination is held twice in two sessions which are January and July. The duration of the JIPMER PG examinations is 3 hours and it is conducted in MCQ type CBT mode exam in one single shift.