JEE Main 2020 will be held on July 18, 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2020. The new exam dates for JEE Main April 2020, which may now be called as JEE Main July 2020, have been announced by the MHRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank in a webinar held on May 5, 2020. Students must now focus wholeheartedly on preparing for the exam. Here at aglasem.com, we have provided the syllabus, previous year question papers, and mock tests to make things easy for you. Best wishes, and stay tuned for the exam date!
|Admit Card||Form Correction||JEE Main 2020 Question Paper||Change Centre||Login|
|Answer Key||Exam Analysis||Cut Off||Response Sheet||Result|
|Syllabus||Exam Pattern||Sample Papers||Previous Year Papers||Centres|
|Physics Notes||Chemistry Notes||Exam Preparation||Eligibility|
JEE Main 2020
NTA is conducting JEE Main 2020. This is the national level entrance exam for engineering (BE/B.Tech), architecture (B.Arch), and planning (B.Planning) admissions in NITS, IIITs, CFTIs. Moreover those who qualify JEE Main can appear in JEE Advanced 2020 for admission to IITs. The first thing to note about JEE Main 2020 is the schedule. Here are the latest exam dates.
|JEE Main 2020||Exam Dates|
|Online application form submission||07 Feb to 12 Mar 2020|
|Form correction window||08 to 12 Mar 2020|
|Another form correction window||01 Apr to 03 May 2020|
|Change exam center cities in application form||09 Apr to 03 May 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 admit card download|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Date||18, 20, 21, 22, 23 Jul 2020|
|Release of answer key and response sheet||3-4 days after exam|
|Submission of objections on answer key||2-3 days from release|
|Issuance of final answer key||with result|
|Declaration of result (NTA score)|
|Declaration of All India Rank|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Date Announced
It has been officially announced that the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains will be held from July 18 to 23, 2020. The exact exam dates are July 18, 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2020. The date assigned to each student will be known to them via the JEE Main 2020 admit card which will be available around 2-3 weeks before the exam.
Putting an end to the confusion among engineering aspirants, MHRD has finally announced the new exam date. From the date of announcement, more than 2 months are left for the exam. Therefore students have ample time to get back into the preparation mode. Stay tuned to aglasem.com for more updates on JEE Mains. We will update you on admit card date and all other notification from the MHRD and NTA here!
JEE Main 2020 Latest News
05 May 2020: The new exam date for JEE Main 2020 is out. The exam dates are July 18, 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2020.
04 May 2020: MHRD will announce the new exam date for JEE Main April 2020 exams on May 5, 2020.
28 Apr 2020: JEE Main 2020 will be held from 20th to 22nd June, says JEE Advanced Secretary.
20 Apr 2020: JEE Main likely in June. Student safety our priority. Tweets MHRD Minister Shashank Pokhriyal Nishank. Read more.
14 Apr 2020: Last date to do corrections in application form extended to 3rd May. Read more.
09 Apr 2020: Now candidates can change exam centre of JEE Main 2020. Read more.
01 Apr 2020: Application form correction facility opened for JEE Main 2020 once again. Read more.
31 Mar 2020: NTA will conduct JEE Main 2020 in the last week of May and release admit card after 15th April. Read more.
27 Mar 2020: Since Parents and Students have to travel to different examination centres, to avoid any inconvenience to them, Union HRD Minister
@DrRPNishank has directed National Testing Agency @DG_NTA to postpone NEET (UG) 2020 and JEE(Main) till last week of May. Tweets MHRD. Read more.
18 Mar 2020: In pursuance of MHRD letter no. Secy(HE)/ MHRD)/ 2020 dated 18th March 2020, the competent authority of the National Testing Agency has postponed the ensuing JEE (Main) April 2020 examinations scheduled on the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th April 2020. Read more.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for JEE Main April 2020 exam is an important document for the exam. Candidates get to know their exam center, roll number only through the admit card / hall ticket. Also, they get entry at the exam center only if they have the admit card with them.
For date of release of admit card, please the JEE Main 2020 exam date section on this page.
NTA releases JEE Main admit card in online mode only at jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates can easily download the admit card using steps given below.
How to download the admit card?
- In order to download the admit card / hall ticket, candidates will need to visit jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- There, they have to click the relevant admit card download link. Note that although the hall ticket is released at login, it is not accessible via the candidate login link (which is active since the start of form submission to end of results); instead a separate link for admit card download is activated.
- Then, they have login with application number and date of birth.
- Upon logging in, candidates will be able to get the admit card download link in their candidate dashboard and download it from there.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2020 during lockdown?
Here is the JEE Main 2020 preparation kit For Lockdown
Studying for the JEE Main exam during lockdown is different from normal preparation in the following ways.
- Students cannot go to school, tuition, and coaching.
- For some, board exams are pending (most national and state boards have postponed exams).
- All family members are at home 24×7 which is a different environment.
- There is uncertainty about the exam date.
- Preparation is now 100% self-studies based.
And this is how you need to prepare during the global pandemic.
Note: If at any point you feel panicked, anxious, overwhelmed by the situation, talk to your friends, and/or family. If your school has a student counsellor then you should most certainly reach out to them also. The number one priority right now is your well being, so take care of that first.
#1. Find quiet times and a quiet spot in your home.
Having all family members throughout the day at home could mean more disturbance. Others could be watching TV, playing, shouting, doing household chores, or even indulging in fun things to keep themselves busy. If all that is bothering you, try to find at what time things are most quiet at home, like early morning. And find one space where you are least disturbed, and also ask your family to avoid that place for their activities.
#2. Remind yourself everyday that you want to crack JEE Main 2020.
A lot of students are giving into the temptation of enjoying this extra time they have got due to exam postponement. However it is wise to be practical and instead utilize this extra time for preparation. You can have motivational messages in your mobile lock screen or a note on your study table that will motivate you to get up and keep going every day.
#3. Complete syllabus, do revision, solve past year papers, sample papers, and take mock tests.
Now is the time to revise. Give equal time to all three subjects. But give special attention to your strengths – to polish them and get 100% in those areas, and weaknesses – to get better at them and score in them too. If your syllabus is complete, do revision. Simultaneously you must solve previous year question papers, sample papers, and take mock tests (JEE is completely online) to build speed, accuracy, and confidence.
#4. Coordinate with your teachers and study circle through technology.
You are already familiar with social apps like whatsapp and hangouts. Now use them to hold discussions, audio, and video calls to clear your study related doubts with teachers. Many teachers and coaching centers are also holding classes through zoom and skype. Embrace the new normal!
#5. Practice discipline.
Numerous students across the globe have reported that their sleeping schedule has gone completely wacky due to the lockdowns. Instead of waking up in the morning and sleeping at night, many are studying throughout the night and sleeping during the day. This will not be good in the long run as when the exam time comes, you will have to retrain your brain to be alert during the day (as that is the exam time). So be disciplined right now, make a time table, and stick to it.
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should study all topics that are in the syllabus of JEE Main 2020. The list of topics is as follows. For sub-topics within the topics, candidates should download the complete syllabus.
Mathematics: Sets relations and functions, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Matrices and determinants, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Sequences and series, Limit continuity and differentiability, Integral calculus, Differential equations, Co-ordinate geometry, Three dimensional geometry, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical reasoning.
Physics: Physics and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work energy and power, Rotational motion, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic devices, Communication systems, Experimental skills.
Physical chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, States of matter, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and electro-chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry
Inorganic chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, General principles and processes of isolation of metals, Hydrogen, s block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), p block elements, d and f block elements, Co-ordination compounds, Environmental chemistry,
Organic chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life, Principles related to practical chemistry.
Know The New JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of exam: JEE Main 2020 paper 1 as well as paper 2 are computer based tests. However the drawing section in paper 2 for B.Arch is to be done on a drawing sheet offline.
Marking scheme: Candidates will get marks as follows
– Marks for correct answer in MCQ: +4
– Negative marking for incorrect answer in MCQ: -1
– Marks for correct answer in numerical value question: +4
– Marks for unattempted questions: 0
– Marks for questions marked for review questions: 0
For questions distribution, see pattern for the paper you will appear from here.
Exam Pattern for Paper 1 – For BE/B.Tech
5 Numerical type questions
5 Numerical type questions
5 Numerical type questions
Exam Pattern for Paper 2 – For B.Arch
5 Numerical type questions
2 Drawing Questions
Exam Pattern for Paper 2 – For B.Planning
5 Numerical type questions
Planning Based Questions
JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines, Reporting Time, Things To Take To The Exam Centre
Important Documents To Take To The Exam Centre: At least one day before the JEE Main 2020 exam date, keep these things in one place.
- Printout of the JEE Main 2020 admit card
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded in application form) >> You will paste this in the attendance sheet
- One authorized photo ID such as PAN card, DL, voter id, passport, aadhaar card, e-aadhaar card with photo, ration card, with photo, 12th class admit card with photo, bank passbook with photo
- Only for PWD candidates>> PWD certificate by medical officer OR PWD certificate as given in appendix I of JEE Main 2020 information brochure OR Letter of Undertaking for using scribe as given in appendix II of JEE Main 2020 information brochure.
You must report at least 2 hours prior to the exam start time. This is because you will need time to undergo frisking and registration formalities.
If you are carrying kara or kirpan, then report to the exam center 1.5 hours before gate closing time.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA officially releases the answer key of JEE Main 2020 exam in online mode at jeemain.nta.nic.in. It is released few days after the JEE Main 2020 exam date. Candidates have to login to check question paper, answers, and responses. The answer key is provided in the form of question id vs correct response id. Candidates need to check the question ids, response ids from the question paper and response sheet.
Steps to get JEE Main 2020 answer key
- You have to visit jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Then click the link that leads to answer key and objections.
- After that login with application number and date of birth.
- In the candidate dashboard you will see links for “view question paper”, “challenge answer key”.
- Click the first one to open question paper with questions and options.
- Then open the answer key to see the table containing question id and option id. Against the option id, see the answer and not whether that is what you have marked or not.
How to challenge the answer key?
Clicking the “challenge answer key” link in step 4 above opens the answer key panel. Here you can select the option ID you wish to claim, and then challenge it from there.
Fee to challenge answer key = Rs 200 per question.
JEE Main 2020 Result
This is the moment every JEE aspirant waits for (but fears too!). Here are some important things you need to know regarding the declaration of JEE Main 2020 result.
- The date of declaration of result of JEE Main April 2020 is as per the decision of NTA. And result can be out at any time during the day (or night) of the scheduled date, which is not long after the JEE Main 2020 exam date.
- Result is announced at nta.ac.in, and jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- NTA hosts the JEE Main results at NIC (National Informatics Center) servers which are secure.
- Candidates have to login with application number and date of birth in order to check their results.
NTA Score: Basically when the result is announced it is referred to as NTA score, because that is what is displayed. Check the image below.
Remember the marks you calculated using answer key? Well you do not get that in your NTA score card.
- NTA first calculates the raw score ie marks as per answer key.
- Then they convert it to NTA score.
- Then they implement tie breaking process to get to the merit list.
Go through this document to understand how NTA score is calculated from raw score. Here you learn about “normalization”, “percentile score”, and preparation of merit list and rank list. NTA uses normalization to remove differences in scores caused due to differences in difficulty level of exams of different JEE Main 2020 exam date and shifts.
JEE Main 2020 Rank
Best of the two scores of JEE Main January 2020 result and JEE Main April 2020 result will be used to determine the rank of candidates. With the JEE Main 2020 result of April exam, the rank of all candidates, who appeared in either one or both exams is announced. Candidates need to check their result via login at jeemain.nta.nic.in. However result statistics are published at nta.ac.in also.
Tie Breaking for BE/B.Tech: The following will be considered one by one. Wherever tie breaks first, the steps stop there.
- Mathematics NTA Score
- Physics NTA Score
- Chemistry NTA Score
- Candidates with less negative responses
- Older candidate
Tie Breaking for B.Arch/B.Plan: Same plan as above
- Mathematics NTA Score
- Aptitude Test NTA Score
- Drawing Test (for B.Arch) / Planning based questions NTA Score
- Candidates with less negative responses
- Older candidate
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
There is no cut off in JEE Mains to clear the exam or qualify it. But, there is a minimum marks to qualify it to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main 2020 cut off to appear in JEE Advanced 2020 will be available after the result of JEE Main 2020 rank is announced.
In the meantime, you should check the previous year’s JEE Main cut off to appear in JEE Advanced, which was as follows.
|Category||2019 Cut Off|
|2018 Cut Off|
|2017 Cut Off|
|Common Rank List||89.7548849||74||81|
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
After declaring the JEE Main 2020 result, the responsibility of NTA ends. All processes post results are the responsibility of counselling authorities.
Most important of all is the JOSAA counselling = JEE Main 2020 Counselling.
What is JOSAA? JOSAA is the Joint Seat Allocation Authority. MHRD set it up to manage the admission process in 107 colleges. This includes 23 IITs, 31 IITs, 25 IIITs, and 28 GFTIs. Admission to all these colleges are through JOSAA, details of which can be found at josaa.nic.in.
Take note of these things with regards to the JEE Main 2020 counselling and admission to these colleges.
Minimum Marks Requirement
- For BE, B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Planning admissions in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs through JOSAA, minimum marks of candidates in class 12th should be 75%, or candidate should be in the top 20 percentile in 12th class exam (65% for SC/ST).
- For B.Arch admissions in colleges other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, minimum marks of candidates in physics, chemistry, mathematics should be 50%, and also 50% in qualifying exam.
- For B.Planning admissions in colleges other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, minimum marks of candidates in mathematics should be 50%, and also 50% in qualifying exam.
Changes in JEE Main 2020 exam
This year NTA introduced several changes to the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Mains). They are as follows.
- Now there is Paper 1 for engineering, one Paper 2 for B.Arch, and a separate Paper 2 for B.Plan. Earlier there used to be paper 1 for engineering, and paper 2 for B.Arch and B.Plan.
- Now there will be numerical value type questions in the exam. Earlier, all questions used to be objective.
- The distribution of questions and marking scheme has changed. Now the marking scheme is +4, -1 for MCQs, and +4, 0 for numerical type questions.
- Paper 1 will have 75 questions (60 MCQs + 15 Numerical) of 300 marks whereas last year it was 90 questions of 360 marks.
- Paper 2 for B.Arch will have 25 (20 MCQ + 5 numerical), 50, 2 questions respectively from mathematics, aptitude test, drawing test. Whereas last year there were 30, 50, 3 questions respectively from mathematics, aptitude test, and drawing test.
- Paper 2 for B.Planning will have 25 (20 MCQs + 5 numerical), 50, 25 questions respectively on mathematics, aptitude test, planning based questions. Last year this paper did not exist.
- This year 2.5 lakh candidates will be declared eligible for JEE Advanced 2020 on the basis of JEE Mains. Last year the number was 2.4 lakh.
About JEE Main 2020
|Exam Name||JEE Main|
|Full Form||Joint Entrance Examination Main|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Papers||Paper 1 for BE/B.Tech|
Paper 2 for B.Arch
Paper 2 for B.Planning
|Number of colleges||31 NITs, 25 IIITs, 28 CFTIs + Other colleges that do not participate in JEE counselling but accept JEE scores|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of questions||60 MCQs + 15 Numericals in Paper 1|
75 MCQs + 5 Numericals + 2 Drawing Questions in Paper 2 for B.Arch
100 MCQs + 5 Numericals in Paper 2 for B.Planning
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test|
|Information Brochure in English||Download Here|
|Information Brochure in Hindi||Download Here|
|Number of times held in a year||Twice (In Jan, and April)|
|Score used for ranking and admission||Best of 2 scores of JEE Main Jan, JEE Main Apr|
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it compulsory to have 75% to appear in JEE Mains?
There is no minimum marks requirement in order to appear in the JEE Main exam. However, 75% in 12th, or to be in top 20 percentile (65% for SC and ST) is the requirement for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JOSAA counselling.
How many students appear for JEE Main?
Around 10 lakh students appear for the Joint Entrance Examination. Last year 9,35,741 candidates had appeared. The number of unique candidates who took both January and April exams was 6,08,440. And 2,97,932 had improved their scores.
When will NTA announce the new JEE Main 2020 exam date?
The decision on new exam date for JEE Main April 2020 shall be as per guidelines from MHRD and assessment of the COVID-19 situation. Also, it will be such that it does not clash with revised dates of other exams.
How to know my exam date, shift, centre?
Of the different JEE Main 2020 exam date, the date, shift, as well as center assigned is displayed in the admit card.
In what language will I get the question paper?
NTA is preparing JEE Main 2020 question papers in English, Hindi and Gujarati. The language in which you get the paper depends on the language you opted for in the application form.