The IIT JEE 2012 results were declared on Friday, 18th May for admissions in the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technologies in India. Over 5 lakh students had appeared for the exam held on April 8, 2012 and out of those about 24,000 students have secured ranks in various categories.
The process that follows for admissions includes online filling of choices by students for seeking admission in various branches of 15 IITs and the few colleges that admit students on basis of IIT JEE 2012 ranks. The IIT joint Admission Board uses this choice list to allot seats. This part of the admission process plays an important role as students have to wisely fill the options weighing their branch options per IIT. Students need to have a good idea about the courses provided by each IIT, seats available and their chances of getting that seat against the rank obtained.
In order to make this easier for students and to give them a good idea of their chances, we have launched the IIT JEE 2012 branch predictor. The predictor asks for the students’ category rank and analyses the best available options. The RnD team has studied the data of past years opening and closing ranks and has based the predictor on statistical data and analysis.
Within 24 hours of launching, the predictor got viral and thousands of students have already used it to get an opinion. The predictor results guides the students to pick the best available options on top his/her priority list while going through the Online Choice Filling. To further help you, 24*7 live support is made available to further sort out their queries regarding choice options. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to ask here
Students are advised to be wise while filling the choices and not be hasty or over confident. Some tips are tabulated for their guidance.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all the courses provided by the IITs
- Take advice of seniors, teachers and parents.
- Do not base your decision on what everyone else is doing. It is your future.
- Fill as many choices as you can. Do not be overconfident.
- Do not fill the choices in a hurry. You have time till June 10, 2012
- Use available online resources like the Branch Predictor and Forums to give you a better idea of options
- While weighing choice branch and choice IIT, chose well. This year it will be better to not opt for the newer IITs