Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT-D) is all set to conduct Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) on February 1, 2, 8, and 9, 2020. The examination will be held in computer based mode, in forenoon and / or afternoon session.
On the first day, examination for IN, ME, MT, PE, PH, CY, PI will be held and on February 02, 2020, exam for AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL, AE, AG, EC, GG will be conducted. Examination for EE, EY, TF, and CS is due to be held on February 08 and the paper for CE will be held on February 09, 2020. After the exam, answer key of GATE will be released.
If you are appearing for any of the 25 GATE papers then you must know these important guidelines for the examination.
GATE 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
What to Carry: This is the most important thing to know. On the exam day, you must have a coloured print copy of the GATE 2020 admit card and one valid id proof (in original). Candidates can are allowed to carry a pen as well.
- A valid id card can be aadhar card / voter id / PAN card / college id / employee id / driving license.
- International registered candidates are required to carry their passport / college id / government issued id / employee id for identification purposes.
Virtual calculator available: To solve the questions, virtual calculator will be provided.
What should not be carried: Watches, mobile phones, electronic devices charts, tables, etc. are banned at the exam hall. So, do not carry it. Other than this, candidates should also not carry bags as well because at the center there will be no provision for safekeeping.
Reporting and other timings: Candidates have to reach exam hall 60 minutes before the exam time. Candidates will be allowed to take seats 45 minutes before the exam and 20 minutes before the exam, candidates can login and read the exam instructions.
Verification at exam hall: Photographs and fingerprints of the test-takers might be captured at the time of examination.
Other important instructions
- Candidates cannot leave the exam hall before the end of the exam.
- GATE is a 3 hour examination. After that, the system will automatically shut down.
- Scribble pad for rough work is provided at the exam hall. Make sure to return it before leaving the exam hall.
- Before using the scribble pad, the candidates have to write their name and registration number on it.
- The candidates must not tamper with the computer or any other related hardware present in the examination hall.
GATE 2020 Dress Code
IIT Delhi has not specified any dress code for the examination, however, candidates are advised to:
- Wear simple and basic clothes.
- Do not wear anything with too many pockets or anything which arises suspicion during frisking.
- Since it is winters, keep yourself warm with jackets.
- Do not wear any loose items or baggy clothes, it also makes frisking time taking.
- Try not to wear any ornaments, metal items.
- It is advised not to wear caps, goggles, etc.
GATE 2020 Last Minute Preparation Tips
Very less time is left for the examination. This is not the moment to learn something new. Instead, this is the time to shift the focus on solving previous year question papers and mock test for GATE. Solving these will help in brushing up all the theoretical knowledge and make familiar with the type of questions and difficulty level in the exam.
Other than this, try not to take stress. It is obvious that there is always stress before the examination, however, it reduces productivity and becomes the cause of low performance.
Candidates should also pay attention to their health by eating healthy and getting enough sleep.