CIEAT 2020 – B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology has decided to postpone the CIEAT 2020 due to current situation on COVID – 19. This notification has released on the official website, which is crescent.education. The official also said that revised schedule for CIEAT 2020 will be announced later. BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology (deemed to be university) is conducting CIEAT 2020 for B.Tech admissions. However, the admission in the institute is also granted on the basis of JEE Main rank. Here are all the latest updates on CIEAT 2020 and details on application form, admit card, syllabus, result.
CIEAT 2020 Exam Postponed
CIEAT 2020 was due to be held on July 11 for all India centres and July 11 to 15 for Chennai centre. However, has been postponed. Revised exam dates will be announced later.
About CIEAT 2020
|Full Form||Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech in Aerospace, Automobile, Biotechnology, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Information Technology, Mechanical, Polymer Engineering|
|Other Exams Accepted For This Course||JEE Main|
|Age Limit||DOB should be on or after 1st July 1998|
CIEAT 2020 Exam Dates
|CIEAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Availability of Online Application started on||6 Dec 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Cards|
|CIEAT 2020 Exam Date||At the Institute Campus, Chennai –|
At Other Test Centers –
Latest updates on Engineering Entrance Exams ??
CIEAT 2020 Application Form
CIEAT 2020 application form has been released on crescent.education. The application form is only available online and class 12 pass, eligible candidates, are invited to submit it. To fill the CIEAT 2020 application form, candidates need to provide personal details, qualification details, course preference, etc.
Steps to apply
- Click here to reach to the application form.
- Now first enter personal details including name, gender, religion, mother tongue, aadhaar card, DOB, community, name of father, name of mother, father’s occupation, mother’s occupation, course preferences, exam city, address.
- Then enter qualification details including exam name, year of appearing, address and name of last school, registration number, medium of instruction, marks obtained in qualifying exam, upload photo.
- Pay the fee.
The application fee for the exam is Rs.1050.
Fee payment modes are as follows:
Online Mode: The application fee can be submitted via debit card / credit card / net banking.
Offline Mode: Candidates could choose to pay through cash at the fee counter of the university. also, Candidates can pay via DD (Demand Draft) in favour “B.S.Abdur Rahman University, GST Road Vandalur, Chennai – 600048, Tamil Nadu, India”
CIEAT 2020 Syllabus
BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology has not specified any syllabus for CIEAT exam.
The usual list of topics that are included in engineering entrance exams are given below. Candidates can study these to prepare for the exam.
Subject : Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Communication Systems
- Atomic Physics
- Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics
- Current Electricity
- Effects of Electric Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation And matter–relativity
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- P – Block Elements
- D – Block Elements
- F – Block Elements
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Classification
- P – Block Elements
- D – Block Elements
- F – Block Elements
- Isomerism In Organic Chemistry
- Thermodynamics – II
- Hydroxy Derivatives
- Carboxylic Acids
- Analytical geometry
- Applications of matrices and Determinants
- Vector Algebra, Complex Numbers
- Integral Calculus & its Applications
- Differential Calculus – Applications I
- Differential Calculus – Applications II
- Differential Equations
- Discrete mathematics
Subject : Biology (For Biotechnology)
- Applied biology
- Environmental science
- Theories of evolution
- Taxonomy of Angiosperms
- Cell biology and genetics
- Plant anatomy
- Biology in human welfare
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
CIEAT 2020 Exam Pattern
BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology has not specified any exam pattern for CIEAT exam.
Based on previous year papers and external inputs, the expected exam pattern for CIEAT 2020 is given below. Candidates may note that they can contact the university for relevant info.
- Mode of examination : Online
- Duration : 2 hours
- Type of questions : Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
Distribution of question
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Mathematics (Biology for Biotechnology program)||50||50|
Books Recommended To Prepare for CIEAT 2020
CIEAT is an engineering entrance examination. Its syllabus is same as JEE Main or any other engineering entrance exam. Here are some books which you can refer while preparing for CIEAT 2020
|Books Name and Author||Buying Link|
|IIT JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey.||Buy here|
|Physics for IIT JEE by Resnick, Halliday, Walker.||Buy here|
|Modern approach to chemical calculations by R.C. Mukherjee.||Buy here|
|Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd||Buy here|
|IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna.||Buy here|
|Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma.||Buy here|
CIEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the CIEAT 2020 application form 2020, candidates must check the eligiblity criteria for the same. The eligibility criteria is mentioned in the section below.
Age Criteria: Candidates must have been born on or after July 1, 1998 are eligible to apply for this test.
- Candidates must have passed or appearing in the 12th or equivalent exam with 60% marks in Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics from State Board / CBSE / ICSE or any recognized board.
- For admission to B.Tech lateral entry, candidates must have passed diploma course of 3 years in engineering and technology or have a B.Sc degree with a score of 60% marks during study.
Note: When talking to the admission assistant on crescent.education, the minimum percentage requirement is shown to be 60%. However on the website, it is 50%. Please talk to the institute if your percentage is below 60% to confirm first.
Candidates who have a valid score in JEE (Main) are eligible to apply for the course without appearing for CIEAT exam.
BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology B.Tech Admission 2020: Seats Offered
After counseling is completed of selected candidates, procedure of seat allotment is done. Here is the number of seats offered in various B.Tech courses by crescent institute based on previous year.
|Courses||Number of Seats|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||120|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||30|
|Computer Science and Engineering||180|
CIEAT 2020 Admit Card
CIEAT 2020 admit card will be issued by the BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology to the candidates who submitted the CIEAT application form 2020 successfully. The admit card will be issued through online mode at crescent.education. The eligible candidates can get the CIEAT 2020 admit card entering their registration number and date of birth. CIEAT admit card will comprise all the necessary information related to the exam such as exam time, exam date, address of the examination center will be mentioned on the admit card.
How To Prepare For This Engineering Entrance Exam?
How to prepare for CIEAT 2020 is not difficult. To get shortlisted for the admission needs strategy. You need to create your strategy and stick to it. Here are some tips that can be helpful to you if you are appearing for CIEAT 2020.
- By analyzing previous year question papers, you will get to know topics which needs to study in detail.
- Candidates can solve sample papers or previous year’s papers to improve their practice.
- A proper timetable or schedule should be followed by the candidates during the preparation period. Candidates must strictly follow the prepared timetable so that each and every topic will be covered during the preparation.
- Candidates should work on their weaker section and spend more time in improving it.
- CIEAT is conducted in online mode. Practicing online mock test will help you in time management, builds question attempting speed and identify your weak idea.
CIEAT 2020 Examination Centres
Exam centers shall be in these cities: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Madurai, Nellore, New Delhi, Neyveli, Puducherry, Pune, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Srinagar, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore.
CIEAT Result 2020
Crescent Institute Of Science & Technology will release the CIEAT 2020 result on website, crescent.education. Candidates who appeared for CIEAT 2020 will be able to check the result through online mode. To check the result candidates have to log in using their application number and date of birth. Candidates will be allotted the engineering branch as per the preference based on the merit list. Candidates shall be called for counselling round after the release of result.
CIEAT 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of the result and the merit list of CIEAT 2020, counselling schedule will be announced for the eligible candidates. Candidates will be required to bring the original copies of academic documents and certificates for the counselling round.
List of documents required for CIEAT 2020 counselling
- 10th mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th mark sheet & passing certificate
- Copy of CIEAT 2020 admit card
- Community certificate
- Valid JEE Main scorecard (if applying through JEE Main)
- Transfer certificate issued by last attended school.
Crescent Institute of Science and Technology Fees Structure
|Branch||90% & above||80 – 89%||Below 80%|
|Civil ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs. 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|ME ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 60,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|Automobile ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Aeronautical ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Polymer ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Electronics ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Electronics||Rs 30,000||Rs 60,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|CSE ENGG||Rs 30,000||Rs 60,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|IT ENGG||Rs 25,000||Rs 50,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|Biotechnology||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
About B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University
B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent University is established since 1984. The university aims at providing education in various programs for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. The faculty, departments and the guidance provided by the teachers is well organized for students. The information about eligibility, application form, result, admit card for Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test for engineering course is provided here and for further information students can visit the official site crescent.education.
|Founded in year||2008|
|Number of courses offered||46|
|NIRF Rank||54 in Engineering Category|
|Campus size||50.19 acres|
|Address||GST Road, Vandalur, Chennai 600 048, Tamilnadu.|