CG PET 2020 latest news: As per a media report, CG PET 2020 has cancelled. But there is no official notice or news on exam cancellation. Candidates are suggested to visit the CG Vyapam official website, vyapam.cgstate.gov.in for regular updates on CG PET 2020. Candidates who wish to study UG programs of engineering, dairy technology, and agriculture technology must register by the last date. More on CG PET 2020 including date, latest updates, syllabus, admit card, answer key, result, counselling, cut off, are here.
About CG PET 2020
|Exam Name||CG PET|
|Full Form||Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test|
|Conducted By||Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CG PEB / CG VYAPAM)|
|Admission to courses||UG engineering, dairy technology, and agriculture technology|
|Total Number Of Seats||800|
|Who can apply?||12th pass with Physics, Maths, and any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject / Computer Science / Information Technology / Informatics Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies + passed overall in these with 45% for UR / 40% for SC, ST, OBC + passed separately in these >> For BE / B.Tech|
|Upper Age Limit||30 years for UR / 35 years for UR PWD / 33 years for SC, ST, OBC, females / 38 years for SC, ST, OBC, females – PWD|
|Admission in Engineering Is Through||CG PET 2020 and JEE Main 2020|
|Minimum qualifying marks in CG PET 2020||10% for UR / 5% fo SC, ST, OBC, PWD|
|Exam Duration||3 hours 15 minutes|
|Download Information Brochure||BE – Hindi | English|
B.Tech Dairy Technology
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering
|Helpline||0771 – 2972780|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Application Form||Apply Here|
Note: The total seats data is available for Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Diploma in Pharmacy, Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Computer Application, Diploma in Engineering. Course wise seats are available during counselling.
CG PET 2020 Exam Dates
|CG PET 2020||Important Dates|
|Application form available from||17 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Application Re-open||23-30 Jun 2020|
|Application form correction available during|
23-30 Jun 2020
|Issuance of admit card starts from|
|CG PET 2020 exam date|
Latest updates on Engineering Entrance Exams ??
CG PET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for the Chhattisgarh engineering entrance exam in online mode via cgvyapam.cgstate.gov.in / vyapam.cgstate.gov.in only.
Steps to apply:
- Click the link above.
- Select “PET (Engineering, Agriculture Technology, Dairy Technology)”.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Enter basic information including name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, CG domicile or not, category, class, income type, migrant or not, aadhaar number.
- Then enter contact details including address.
- Select exam center.
- >> Here note your registration ID.
- Verify the details entered in form.
- Pay application fee.
Photograph and signature specifications for CG PET 2020 application form
|Photograph size||40-60 kb|
|Signature size||20-40 kb|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 100|
Call (0771) 2972 780 for queries on payment and other application form information.
CG PET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for CG PET, the candidates need to see whether they are meeting with the eligibility requirements or not. These requirements are set by the board for the students who want to take admission in any of the course.
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- Candidates applying for the examination must have a state domicile.
Upper Age Limit: (as on 1st July 2020)
- UR category – 30 years
- PWD (UR category) – 35 Years
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ Female of Chattisgarh – 33 Years
- PWD (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Female of Chattisgarh) – 38 years
- Candidate must have cleared their higher secondary education (10+2) examination form a recognised board or from the Chattisgarh Board.
- Candidates must have Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and one of the technical vocational/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Information Practice/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies subjects in their qualifying examination.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 45% for General and 40% for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates.
For Agricultural Engineering/ Dairy Technology: Candidate must have passed in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as compulsory subject with minimum 50% marks (45% marks are required for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates).
CG PET 2020 Syllabus
As CG PET is an engineering entrance exam so the questions which are asked in the exam are framed mainly from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Check some of the important topics and chapters of CG PET.
- Co-rdinate Geometry of 2D
- Co-rdinate Geometry of 3D
- Vector Algebra
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Information Technology
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bond
- Solid State
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Thermochemistry and Thermodynamics
- Chemical Kinetics
- Principles of Metallurgical Operations
- Chemical Periodicity
- Comparative Study of Elements
- Transition Metals
- Coordination Compound
- Chemical Analysis
- Chemistry of Hydrocarbons
- Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Benzene, Petroleum and other preparation, properties and uses
- Organic Compounds Based on Functional Group Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Chemistry in Daily Life
- Force and Laws of Motion
- Work Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Properties of solids and fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Effect of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Ulternating Current
- Electron, Photon and Radio Activity
CG PET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern specifies the duration of the exam, number of questions which will be coming in the exam, nature of questions etc. Knowing the exam pattern would help the test – takers to prepare in a nuance manner because they will be aware about everything related to the exam.
- Mode: Offline
- Nature of questions: MCQ
- No. of questions: 150
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for the correct answers. There is no negative marking.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Total marks|
CG PET Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern, it is important for the candidates to be aware some preparation tips so that they could be followed till the time of examination. Check the expert tips given below.
- Check the syllabus: While you are about to start with the preparation, make sure the syllabus is checked carefully. After knowing every topic and chapters, decide the time in which those sections can be completed.
- Manage the time: See how many months or time is left for the preparation and plan out your strategy according to that.
- Follow a strict diet: As the preparation for the exam is a tiring process make sure you eat healthy during that time.
- Purchase good books: There are number of books available in the market for the engineering entrance exams. Make sure that the books you choose to study from are trustworthy and have the concepts clear stated in them.
- Revise: After doing any concept or problem make sure you revise it on the same day or the day after so that it could be remembered.
Books Recommended for CG PET Exam Preparation
Check the books given below that can be referred to study for Chattisgarh Pre Engineering Test.
|Solved Papers Chhattisgarh PET Pre Engineering Test 2019 Paperback – 2019|
By Arihant Experts
|Mathematics for Class 12 by R D Sharma (Set of 2 Volume) (2019-2020 Session)||Buy Here|
|CBSE Chemistry Chapterwise Solved Papers Class 12 2019-20|
By Arihant Experts
CBSE Physics Chapterwise Solved Paper Class 12 2019-20 Paperback
By Arihant Experts
|Mathematics for Class 11 by R D Sharma (2019-2020 Session)|
By R.D Sharma
|BSE Chemistry Chapterwise Solved Papers Class 12th (Old edition)|
By Arihant Experts
CG PET 2020 Admit Card
All the registered candidates can get their admit card from the official website CG Vyapam. The admit card can be downloaded from vyapam.cgstate.gov.in. CG PET 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded after entering the registration number. The hall ticket consists of the important information like name and address of the candidate, exam date, exam duration, address of the exam centre etc.
CG PET 2020 Hall Ticket is a noteworthy document which has to be taken to the examination hall so make sure it is carried along with a original id proof.
Instructions and guidelines for exam day
CG PET 2020 Exam Centres
At the time of filling the application form, the candidates need to give their choices of the exam centres. CG PET is a state level entrance exam so the centres available for the exam also belongs to the state of Chattisgarh only.
Exam centers will be at these cities: Ambikapur, Baikunthpur, Balod, Baloda Bazar, Balrampur, Bemetara, Bijapur, Bilaspur, Dantewada, Dhamtari, Durg, Gariyaband, Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi, Jagdalpur, Janjgir Champa, Jashpur Nagar, Kabirdham, Kanker, Kondagaon, Korba, Mahasamund, Mungeli, Narayanpur, Raigarh, Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Sukma, Surajpur.
CG PET 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for Chattisgarh Pre – Engineering Test is published at the official website. CG PET 2020 Answer Key is going to be released in the PDF file format. The candidates can challenge the answer key if they find any errors in the answer key. After considering the errors, the candidates can release the final answer key. The result for CG PET is going to be prepared as per the answers indicated in the final answer key.
Objections on answer key
CG PET 2020 Result
Marks for incorrect questions and bonus marks
Rechecking / Revaluation
The result for Chattisgarh Pre – Engineering Test is declared by Chattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB). CG PET 2020 Result can be checked by entering the roll number indicated in the admit card. The result for CG PET is declared in the form of a merit list. After the decalaration of results, the qualified candidates need to appear for the counselling for the final admission process.
CG PET 20220 Counselling
All the qualified candidates need to appear in the counselling process. CG PET 2020 Counselling is going to be held in the online mode. The candidates are required to enter their choices of branch and course in the preference form. This is called the registration for counselling. In the counselling rounds, the candidates need to get all their documents verified.
Chhattisgarh Engineering Admission 2020: Number of Seats
The table below states the number of seats category wise.
- Chhattisgarh State Quota (CGQ1): Only the Chhattisgarh State domicile candidates are eligible for admission under this quota.
- Other State Quota (OSQ1): Only other state domicile candidates are eligible for admission under this quota.
- Management Quota (MQ1): Along with the Chhattisgarh State domicile candidates, the other state domicile candidates shall also be eligible for admission under this quota.
For B.Tech Dairy Technology
Contact & Helpline
Jurisdiction regarding CG PET 2020