Amity University has achieved new heights by becoming India’s first University to offer online degree. Recently, the University received approval from University Grant Commission (UGC) to offer 24 online degrees and diplomas. The admission for online UG, PG online degree and diploma programms is open right now and the candidates can apply from amityonline.com.
An online degree is an education degree, which is awarded when a candidate successfully finishes their online degree program. An approved online degree is as valid as a normal degree, however, to gain it candidates need not appear for the classes in person and can take session via internet.
Amity University’s Online Degree is equivalent to any normal degree
The online degree offered by Amity University is equivalent to any other degree because it is approved by UGC. The commission has approved it under UGC (Online Courses) Regulations, 2018.
Under the regulation, higher educational institutes get the right to offer certificate, diploma, and degree programms in online mode.
Which online degrees are offered at Amity University?
There are a total of 6 UG programmes and 16 PG programmes for which online degree is offered. Most of the courses under this scheme are fro PG Diploma programmes.
The online UG programmes are –
- Bachelor of Arts Journalism And Mass Communication (BAJMC)
- Bachelor of Arts Tourism Administration (BATA)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA).
The 4 online PG programmes include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
- Master of Arts in Journalism And Mass Communication (MAJMC).
- Master of Commerce (M.Com).
There are total 12 PG diploma programmes for:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Brand Management (PGDABM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance And Accounting (PGDFA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (PGDIB)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGDJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics And Supply Chain Management (PGDLSM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Sales Management (PGDMS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in NGO Management (PGDNGO)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Accounting [PGDPA]
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management (PGDRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management (PGDTTM).
How Amity became the first University to offer online degree?
UGC propounded regulation for online degree with motive to make higher education accessible to mass population and achieve the targeted GER of 30% by the end of 2020. The commission will only allow only those institutions to offer online courses, which fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- should have been established for at least 5 years.
- must be accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and must have got a minimum score of 3.26 on a scale of 4-point.
- must have been feature twice in NIRF ranking, under top 100 in overall category.
Amity University has successfully satisfied all the criteria above and has taken a step forward towards becoming an advanced education institute of higher education in India.
How to apply for admission in Amity University?
To apply for these courses candidates have visit amityonline.com and apply online. To do so, candidates need to click on blue “Apply Now 2020” button and finish 3 steps for:
- Step 1 – Fill basic details.
- Step 2 – Enter employment details.
- Step 3 – Upload documents.
More about Amity University
Amity University is Asia’s only not-for-profit University to get US regional accreditation. The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is established by UP state government. IT has AICTE approval and accredited A+ grade by NAAC.
Apart from these unique online courses, the varsity also provides regular courses and admission session 2020-21 is open. Candidates can apply at amity.edu for the same. There 300+ courses offered across 9 university campuses and 150+ institutions & centers. To apply for the regular courses the application fee is Rs. 1100.
The admission process of such courses includes applying online, appearing for the selection process that varies from course to course, and finally if selected for admission completing the admission process of the allotted Amity University campus.