AEEE 2020 latest news – Amrita University has again postponed Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering 2020. AEEE was due to be held on July 23, 24, 25, and 26, 2020. However, has been postponed. The decision to postpone the exam came in light after NTA postponed JEE Main 2020. The new exam date for AEEE will be announced soon. The last date to apply for the exam is July 15 and the slot booking dates will be announced soon. Candidates can fill the online forms and do the booking at amrita.edu. AEEE is a national level examination, held for admission in B.Tech courses offered by 5 campuses of Amrita University. 10+2 passed/appearing candidates can apply for AEEE 2020. You can check AEEE 2020 date, registration process, syllabus, and preparation tips, books, eligibility, and more from this page.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham informed students by sending sms that AEEEE 2020 has been postponed. The msg read as:
“AEEE 2020 has been postponed from July 23. Revised dates to be announced by mid July”.
About AEEE 2020
Admission in Amrita University B.Tech course is also done on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination Main. In all, 70% seats are filled via AEEE and 30% via JEE Main rank. Here is an overview of the examination.
|Full Form||Amrita Entrance Examination – Engineering|
|Conducted by||Amrita University (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham)|
|Modes of exam||CBT (Computer Based Test), PPT (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam (Open for All India Candidates)|
|How To Apply||Apply Here|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
AEEE 2020 Exam Date, Last Date To Apply, Complete Schedule
Check dates for the AEEE 2020 from the table below.
|Online Registration begins||19 Sep 2019|
|Online Registration ends|
|AEEE CBT slot booking|
|Issue of Admit Card starts|
|Exam Date (Phase 2)|
Latest updates on Engineering Entrance Exams 🔥🔥
Practice Mock Test for AEEE 2020
To know the CBT exam pattern of AEEE 2020, here is an access to free mock test. Clcik on the links below to start now!
|AEEE 2020 Subject||Mock Test Link|
|AEEE Physics||Practice Here|
|AEEE Chemistry||Practice Here|
|AEEE Maths||Practice Here|
|AEEE Full Test||Practice Here|
AEEE 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill AEEE application form online and offline. The online application forms are released on amrita.edu, whereas, offline application can be collected from the campuses of the University.
How to apply online?
#1. Registration: Candidates first need to register by submitting basic details like e-mail id and phone number.
#2. Fill AEEE 2020 Application Form and Upload Images: After registration, candidates need to enter details in the application form and upload images. To fill the application form the students have to fill in details like personal details, address, academic details, contact details, JEE details etc.
#3. Pay Application Fee: Final step is to pay the application fee. The amount of application fee is:
|Through JEE Main and AEEE||Rs. 1000|
|Through AEEE 2020||Rs. 1000|
|Only Jee Main||Rs 300|
Mode of online Payment: Candidates can pay fee via net banking, credit card, debit card, etc.
How to apply offline?
To get the application form in OMR format the candidates can visit the campuses of Amrita University and get the form. The process is as follows:
#1. Visit campus: The candidates must visit the campus of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore or Chennai.
#2. Prepare DD: Prepare and carry a DD of Rs.1000 in favour of Amrita School of Engineering, Payable at Coimbatore.
#3. Fill the application form and submit: Send the filled in application form before the deadline.
Mode of offline payment: Demand Draft
Q: I want to apply via JEE Main 2020 score, but te issue is my JEE Main 2020 final score and AIR will eb out on April 30, 2020, and the AEEE 2020 online application form is available until March 31, 2020. How will I be able to enter my JEE Main 2020 score?
A: The candidates who have this issue must worry not. On contacting the University they assured that the application form shall be available after March 31, 2020 for inputting the JEE Main 2020 score. Candidates can login and enter their marks after March 31, 2020. The exact date for entering JEE Main 2020 score after March 31, 2020 shall be notified later on the website.
AEEE 2020 Application Status
Amrita University allows the candidates to check the status of their application form submission. To check the status students can login using their application number/email id and date of birth. Under the login the status of the application form is indicated.
The status that are indicated include:
#1. Application form incomplete
#2. Your payment is pending
– Amrita University Now Institute of Eminence (IoE) –
Another feather added to cap, Amrita University has received Institute of Eminence Status this year. Now what is the meaning of Institute of Eminence? The government had proposed to set up Institutions of Eminence in India. Under this proposal, it planned to establish 20 world-class institutes in the country.
How are IoEs different from other institutes? – The IOEs are proposed to enjoy greater autonomy compared to other higher education institutions. They are free to decide their fee for domestic and foreign students, and have a flexible course duration and structure. These institutes arre also exempt from approvals of government or UGC for academic collaborations with foreign institutions.
AEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can read below the eligibility criteria before they apply for AEEE 2020 for admisison in Amrita University:
- 10+2 pass from any authorized board with 60% aggregate score in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- 55% is the minimum marks for each subject.
Age Limit: Candidates should be born on or after July 01, 1999.
Amrita Admission Through JEE Main 2020
The candidates who have a valid JEE Main score are exempted from the entrance exam – AEEE. The candidates who have a valid JEE Main scores have to register for admission with their JEE scores and then participate in the University’s B.Tech Joint Seat Allotment
What is JEE Main 2020?
Joint Entrance Exam-Main is the entrance test for the students who want to take admission in B.Tech program. JEE Main is conducted by NTA. It is also a screening test for JEE Advanced Exam which is compulsory for the students who dream to study in the Indian Insitute of Technology (IITs).
Eligibility for JEE Main 2020
– Those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2020.
– Candidates must have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th in order to be eligible for JEE (Main) 2020.
– Candidates who have already attempted JEE Main in the past 3 consecutive years are not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.
AEEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of AEEE for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics that comprehends only those topics which candidates have studied in class 11 and 12th. Candidates can check below the topics that are included in the syllabus:
For detailed syllabus – Click here
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Permutation & Combination
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation
- Matrices & Determinants
- Integral Calculus
- Statistics & Probability
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Physics & Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties 0f Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Coordination Compounds
- D- and -f Block Elements
- Block Elements (Other Groups)
- Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemaical Kinetics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
AEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
There has been a slight change in the exam pattern of AEEE 2020. The details of the new pattern is as follows:
Duration: The duration of the exam is as follows:
- PCM / PCB – 120 minutes
- PCMB – 150 minutes
Marking Scheme: +3 for the correct answer, -1 for the wrong answer, 0 for no attempt
The distribution questions in PCM and PCB: It is as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Qs||Marks|
Books to prepare for AEEE 2020
The candidates can check nelow some of the recommended books for AEEE 2020:
|Important Books||Link to buy|
|Modern approach to Chemical Calculations||Buy here|
|Concepts of Physics||Buy here|
|NCERT Chemistry (11th and 12th)||Buy here|
|RD Sharma Mathematics (11th and 12th)||Buy here|
|AMU Explorer Engineering||Buy here|
|16 year Solved paper for AMU Engineering||Buy here|
AEEE 2020 Offline Sample Papers
The candidates opting for the pen and paper based test of AEEE 2020, can check below the sample paper of the offline mode of exam:
|AEEE Sample Paper||Download Link Here|
|Sample Paper 1||Click Here to download|
|2009 Question Paper||Click Here to download|
|2015 (Code A) Question Paper||Click Here to download|
|2015 (Code D) Question Paper||Click Here to download|
Check below the sample of OMR sheet in which the PPT candidates have to mark their answers on the exam day:
How to Prepare for AEEE 2020?
Candidates have already been introduced with the syllabus of AEEE 2020 examination but sometimes it is very difficult for the aspirants on where to start from and how to prepare. So below are the instructions on the preparation for AEEE 2020 that will help the students to prepare for the big test:
- Firstly, go through the syllabus thoroughly so that no topic should be miss by you.
- Make a chart of the syllabus and divide your days and time on a particular topic according to its importance and length.
- Candidate must follow the exam pattern to get an insight on marking scheme, number of questions, time duration and question pattern.
- Start your studies with the important books like NCERT to revise your basics, then shift to guides for tough questions.
- Make notes to each and every topic you are reading in a day so that you can have a quick revision anytime. Comprehensive list of formulas would be the best way to revise the formulas.
- Consult your teachers if you are facing the problem regarding any topic.
- Involving in the group discussions is the best way to get more knowledge about the exam as well as the topics from your passed out seniors. It will also help you to build up your confidence at a glance.
- Solve Sample papers and previous year question papers to make your preparation more strong.
- Last but not the least, take care of your health and do not take much stress. Work hard but do not forget to take your meals timely and enough sleep. Health is more important than anything.
AEEE 2020 Slot Booking
Candidates who are appearing for AEEE 2020 CBT have to choose their examination slots. The procedure of slot booking takes place online on the official website of Amrita University amrita.edu. Slot booking is done in the first come first serve basis. There is a total of 15 slots of CBT conducted by the Amrita University. The University takes the entrance on 5 different dates with 3 slots on each date. Here is all you need to know about it:
Where: Slot booking can be done on amrita.edu under the login of the candidates
What can be booked using the slot booking facility: Exam center, date and time
Who can book the slots: The candidates who have applied for CBT mode of AEEE 2020 before the dedaline of the application form submission.
How to book the slots: Use application number/email if or date of birth to login and book slots.
For the candidates who apply for offline mode of AEEE 2020: The candidates are allowed to choose 2 preferred exam city in order of preference in their application form. Allotment is made based on those 2 choices and is communicated via the admit card. No separate window is available for such candidates to book slots.
AEEE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their AEEE 2020 admit cards from the official website of Amrita University i.e., amrita.edu. The candidates who are appearing for the offline exam also get their admit card online.
The candidates who have applied for CBT and have booked their slots get they admit card as soon as they submit their exam date, time and city. Just after the slots are booked, AEEE 2020 admit card is generated on the screen, the candidates have to download and print the same.
On the day of the exam the candidates have to carry the admit card in printed format with any one of these documents:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card or any other valid identity proof for verification
In case of error in the admit card: After downloading the admit card, ensure that the data is printed as per the application form submitted. In case of any discrepancy, open a ticket in the online query management system (amrita.edu/btech) for a faster resolution.
AEEE 2020 CBT Guidelines
On the day of the exam the candidates appearing for the CBT mode of exam have to follow the guideline below:
- Exam hall/rooms shall open 1 hour before the exam starts.
- Candidates must enter the exam hall 30 mins before the exam starts
- Candidates must settle in the seats as per their roll numbers
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall 30 minutes after the exam has started
- Approach the hall invigilator in the room for any technical assistance
AEEE 2020 PPT Guidelines
On the day o the exam for the candidates who have opted for PPT mode of exam, have to follow the below guidelines:
- 10 mins before the exam starts candidates get sealed question papers
- Immediately on the receipt of the question papers, candidate have to fill in some details with blue/black ballpoint pen on the front page of the question paper.
- 5 mins before the exam starts the candidates are allowed to open the seal of the question paper and read the paper.
- Next, the candidates can start answering the questions as soon as the time starts.
Important for the PPT mode candidates: The candidates once have marked the answer in the OMR sheet cannot change the answer using any correction fluid or eraser. This is because the OMR answer sheets are machine gradable and it may lead to wrong evaluation of the sheets.
AEEE 2020 Test Centres
The candidates can check below the list of exam cities where AEEE 2020 is to be held in both PPT and CBT mode.
For PPT – The pen and paper mode of exam is to be held in teh state of Tamil Nadu only.
For Computer Based Test – The CBT mode of the exam is to be held across India.
|Andhra Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Chandigarh|
|Uttar Pradesh||West Bengal|
AEEE 2020 Result
After appearing in the AEEE 2020, the result is declared on the official website of Amrita University www.amrita.edu. The counselling of the admission only takes place on the basis of the ranks secured in AEEE 2020. The results are available online only. To check the result the candidates have to log in using their Application number and date of birth. Thereafter the result appears on the screen. The candidates have to download the result and take its print. The candidates have to produce the print of the exam at the time of counselling.
AEEE 2020 Counselling
As per the Amrita University, candidates have to secure a good rank in AEEE 2020 to be eligible for the admission in 4-year Btech program. Contenders get a call letter from the University itself for the offline counselling and they have to carry that call letter at the time of counselling. Candidates also need to carry their documents for the verification process along with the call letter.
For the candidates who have applied through JEE Main 2020 scores (January/April Session) get a call letter for the counselling only if they have qualified the examination. Candidates with good ranking get admission in Amrita School of Engineering in one of its 4 campuses (Amritapuri, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Kollam).