Since time immemorial, India has been known for its festivities, rich culture and an amalgamation of different religions. While all festivals are celebrated with much enthusiasm and excitement, Durga Puja incites a different level of celebration. This is because it represents the victory of good over evil, the victory of compassion and purity over cruelty. By celebrating Goddess Durga’s victory, it pays homage to an important Hindu deity who represents the power of feminine strength and the power of positive forces over negative ones.
Below are few lines on dura puja
- Durga Puja, also known as Durgotsava or Shardotsava, is going to be celebrated from October 11 to 15, 2021, with great pomp and glory.
- This festival holds great importance and significance among Hindus.
- It is predominantly celebrated in the Indian states of Bihar, Odisha, Assam, Tripura, West Bengal and also a few regions of Bangladesh.
- Durga Puja celebrates the victory of the divine Goddess Durga against Mahishasura, a shape-shifting asura.
- Since it epitomises and emphasises the victory of good over evil, this festival holds an important place in the heart of every true hindu out there.
- Apart from her victory over Mahishasura, Durga Puja is also a harvest festival, signifying that goddess Durga is the motherly power behind all life and divine creations.
- This festival also pays homage to other important hindu deities such as Lakshmi, Saraswati, Kartikeya and Ganesha.
- This festival has become an important and inseparable part of Indian culture. Every year, Indians gather in large crowds to commemorate and celebrate this festival.
- While the pandemic might have impacted the gatherings and crowds, the sentiment and feelings of Durga Puja will never vanquish!
दुर्गा पूजा & नवरात्रि in Hindi
Every year, people gather in huge crowds to celebrate this beautiful and divine festival. However, every state has its own way of paying respect to Goddess Durga. In West Bengal for e.g., people deck themselves in the traditional outfits and have a wide variety of sweets. Music plays in the background and the entire atmosphere radiates positivity and happiness. In all, Durga Puja unites people of different states, languages and cultures through the feelings of strength, joy and compassion.