25th Garden Tourism festival
A beautiful thing is a joy forever and ifit is an enchanting garden with colorful flowers with a background of healing and the color green in different hues – then it is a source of peace, tranquility and happiness.With theses ideas in mind Garden Tourism Festival, annual festival is organized by Delhi Tourism to create a platform for garden lovers to meet , interact and showcase their fruit of labor . The fest got participants from horticulture department of GNCTD and NCR.
The Festival was organized in form of various competition categorized under
- potted plants ,
- hanging baskets,
- foliage plants ,
- cactus and succulents ,
- aromatic and medicinal plants ,
- floral plants ,
- tray gardens ,
- vegetable and much more.
The exhibition was evaluated by judges from various horticulture area of these categories . A separate section was also made for sale of plants , horticulture equipments , pesticides , fertilizers and other general items . It was an added advantage for the visitors to the festivals as they can buy gardening equipments and saplings under one roof
The Garden Tourism Festival’s main attraction this year is the theme based garden “Beauty and Nutrition ” . It was the 25th one of the festival of its kind . “Colors in landscaping ” , “Garden of orient ” , “Roses in landscape ” are some earlier theme in the past for this fest .
Lastly the only thing I would say “If you are a gardening enthusiast , this is the fest you shouldn’t miss “
This page is about:
- Greenery and Man God almighty has created a green and beautiful universe for us. You like nature and its beauty. You like greenery. You see plants and flowers. You feel fresh and active. You like good environment. ...
- Hawaii goes green!!! Hawaii is green, or so its boosters tell you incessantly. Of course, you have to ignore the thick smoke from the sugarcane-field-burning operations and the runoff chemicals used to control roadside...
- Happy Holi
With winter neatly tucked up in the attic, it's time to come out of our cocoons and enjoy this spring festival. Don’t mind its Holi!!!! The call of Holi is to always keep ablaze the colors of G...
- Happy Diwali! Crackers hold a fascination for young and old alike. Emanation of different coloured lights in different contours and design revitalises people, various kinds of sounds released by burning crackers...
- The cost of Oxygen !! The cost of Oxygen !! Very interesting !!!
In one day a human being breathes oxygen equivalent to 3 cylinders.
Each oxygen cylinder on an average costs Rs.700/-, without subsidy.
So, in a da...
- Sacred, cows are now being slaughtered and sold for meat and leather. When night falls in this gritty capital, gangs troll the darkened streets looking for easy prey among a portion of the city's vast homeless population; thousands have been rounded up and carried of...
- Beauty of the rain As the rain falls sweetly on the window pane, I cant help remembering the Dar Williams song... The beauty of the rain...
And you know the light is fading all too soon
You're just two umbrella...
- Green Energy Competition The Green Energy competition
Economic advance is not the same thing as human progress, keeping this in mind, we are adding the green touch to our e-summit 2010. In a world where everyone includi...
- California gives green light for space-based solar California regulators lately approved an ambitious project to beam solar energy from space starting in 2016.
Under a power purchase agreement approved by the California Public Utilities Commission,...
- Reducing the size of dustbins in an innovative way.
Many people use the term “dustbin” to refer specifically for a container for unwanted garbage, differentiating a dustbin from a recycling container or a greenwaste bin. In many communities, growi...